A Fun Experience for You and Yours
Rent the Floralee Hark Cohen Cinema for your next birthday party, celebration, or cozy night out for two in downtown Charleston, WV. Experience films on the big screen at our “jewel box” theater that offers enough space for 30 guests.
The space is also great for birthday parties, karaoke events, etc.
Basic rental of the space is $150 for 3 hours plus $50 for each additional hour or partial hour.
In addition, public performance rights must be attained for any films shown. Typically, these fees start at around $75, but can vary greatly depending on the film chosen.
- Basic Rental (3 hours) – $150
- Film Licensing – $75 and up
- Additional Hours – $50 each
Find a movie here and fill out the form at the bottom of this page to get started!
Extra charges: You will be charged extra if any damages or excessive mess is made during your rental. Additionally, if the 3-hour rental time is exceeded, you will be charged an additional $50/hour.
What to Expect When You Arrive
The cinema will be thoroughly cleaned and ready for you 15 minutes prior to showtime. If you need additional tables set up or other special arrangements, please notify us in advance so that we can have these ready for you.
Concessions will be available for purchase during your rental. These include a selection of candy, popcorn, soda, water, beer, and wine. If you plan to bring a special food item like a birthday cake, please notify us in advance for approval.
- May not conflict with regularly scheduled programming (typically Wednesdays at 7:oo PM, Fridays at 7:30 PM, Saturdays at 5:00 PM and 7:30 PM and Sundays at 2:30 PM). Please see our showtimes for more information.
- Public performance rights must be attained for any films shown. To utilize The Floralee Hark Cohen Cinema, an event holder must give proof that screenings fees have been paid (or waived by the rights owner).
- No outside food is permitted, unless pre-approved for a special event.
- If an event holder wishes to offer free concessions to attendees from our concessions stand, the WVIFF can keep track of all snacks and drinks consumed and provide an invoice for the total cost of concessions following the event.
- A member of the Floralee Hark Cohen Cinema staff will be present for all private cinema rentals and will operate the screening equipment and sell concessions. Unless otherwise arranged, private and independent event holders will need to supply their own staff/volunteers for taking tickets or completing any other tasks beyond what’s mentioned above.